Monday, August 30, 2010

Curve ball? Sounds great!

So you ever notice how you have this nice plan all laid out and you are going to get stuff ACCOMPLISHED!  (yes, in caps even)  Well that was what I had going for me last week and what I was going to try to get back on track this week.  Needless to say, the universe conspired against me and it didn't happen.

Last week's trauma was finding out that my wonderful dog, Bailey, has very serious cancer.  We're talking maybe two weeks before we would have to make that hard call that all dog owners eventually have to make.  I've had him since I rescued him from the pound at 6 weeks old and he's now 14, so he's my first kid and the oldest.  He has been crazy and wonderful depending on the day and what he decided to eat (he's part lab).  He has been wonderful with M'Lou since she was little and has not turned into a grumpy old man even knowing that he's not feeling well.  He's still wagging his tail and sniffing for treats.  We're hoping he'll let us know when he's ready.


Needless to say, this threw my whole week out of whack and I just haven't been able to get past the spontaneous bursting into tears.  However, I decided to enjoy having him here as long as we can and try to keep moving and distracting myself.

So last night I made my list for the week.  You know the one - you write it each week and never cross anything off of it because it's things like:

  • Laundry
  • Vacuum
  • Dishes
  • Other miscellaneous projects that if something better comes along you'll gladly put on hold rather than tackle.
THAT list!

Then M'Lou was up sick last night so I took her to the doctor this morning.  We found out that she has strep so she'll be joining me for most of this week rather than going to daycare.  So we'll be doing a lot of follow the leader (with her as the leader), playing the 'why is it so quiet?' game, and other fun things like the 'NO, NO don't color that!' game.

I do have some great posts planned including tell you about the great class I took at MAKE with pics of the shirt I made.  My first real piece of clothing for myself!

I'm also SERIOUSLY tempted to join this quilt along over at Oh, Fransson!  Seriously cute stuff, just need to figure out if I have the patience to deal with that many small squares.

I keep vowing that I'm going to get better at keeping this blog updated.  Maybe it needs to go to the top of my list ...

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment