Friday, June 25, 2010

Multitasking Compulsion

I know I promised a tutorial on the chalk cloth mats, but I'm going to have to save that one for next week .  Sorry guys - I have a bunch of photos that I need to process and it's just not looking good to have that done today :(

So instead, I bring you things to do while you craft ...

I am one of those people that can't watch TV without also doing something else.  It doesn't even matter what it is - could be surfing the web, reading a book during commercials, knitting, etc - yes, I know, it's a sickness.

Anyway, since I have become MUCH more productive in my crafting/sewing space I have had to limit my reading time.  For me, that's real challenge.  I LOVE books.  My husband gave me a Kindle as my gift on the birth of our daughter ... that should tell you something ;)

I know you're now wondering: 'is this another rambling story with no point?'  I promise I have a point!

I have been subscribed to a service similar to Netflix off and on since 2005.  It is an audio book club called Simply Audiobooks.  They will send you or you can download (depending on how your subscription is setup) audio books.

I LOVE IT!  I listen to books while I sew so that I don't wander off and do other things instead of accomplishing my tasks.  It's great and best of all the audiobooks don't take up more of my much needed floor space since I send them back when I'm done!  :)

Right now, I'm listening to The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.

I actually have this book but have never gotten around to reading it.  Here's to learning more while multitasking!

I will make one footnote:  I love my trashy romance novels ... however ... be careful who is around when you're listening to them.  Let's just stay the steamy scenes in romance novels were not meant to be read aloud ;)


TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment