Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Steps

Had a great relaxing Memorial Day Weekend.  Now it's back to reality and trying to get everything done!  It feels like every time I just about have it figured out something else pops up.  

Finally have a definitive answer on the CPSIA requirements.  Basically, until next year I should be good on both the clothing and the monsters since I don't use any small parts and cotton and polyester are exempt.  HOWEVER, starting next year, I'm going to be required to have my monsters tested.  We'll see if we're still around and having to worry about that when we get there (here's hoping this takes off :).

Have my logo done and now my list looks like this:

  • Complete DBA (doing business as) paperwork and file with state
  • Open business bank account
  • Create labels for clothes
  • Create labels for monsters
  • Create branding labels
  • Work on packaging for products
  • Finalized shipping costs
  • Stockpile items
  • Post products to Etsy store
That's doable ... right?!?

Now I just have to fit that all in between planning a 2 year olds birthday party and all the other daily chores I have already :)

I'll post some works in progress next time around - so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment